Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Day In The Life In The Village

Well, a day in the life was a lot more tiring than we expected. We had so much fun and it was so rewarding, but at the same time we worked hard! First of all, we walked EVERYWHERE, and we're not just talking down the street- Things are very spread out in a rural village. Combine that with the extreme heat, weeding, home visits and garden planting and we were exhausted at the end of each day.

My hands were like mush on the first day as several blisters quickly formed from working with the hoe, so for the rest of the week I wrapped my hands using socks as gloves- I got some laughs but I wasn't fooling around. It was amazing to see how much we could accomplish at a home in such a short period of time with 10 people working together. We formed some great friendships!






2 comments:

Lonnie said...

Hi Guys..Since I heard about most experiences in detail via SKYPE, it was great to put pictures to the names. The friendships, you'll probably have for your lifetimes! What brought a smile to my face?...love the purse, Jillian! xoxo

cohen said...

now that's some hard work!! i'm sure the families you were helping really appreciated the gift you guys gave them...cohen