Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All Aboard the Celebrity Equinox

After leaving the comforts of our little apartment in Rome, we set forth to the Celebrity Equinox ship. We got to the train station without much difficulty and figured out the ticket machine easily. But after that it got a little hazy for a bit. We had about an hour wait until our train departed for the port city of Civitavecchia nearby, so Andy and I watched the suitcases while Jillian and Elaine wandered the train station shops. The problem was, Andy and I kept looking at the arrivals board and not the departures board (a very easy mistake to make because its barely labeled). The end result is that we missed out express train to Civitavecchia by 5 minutes, which meant that we had to wait for the next regional train that would take almost twice as long to get there stopping at every town in between. Andy and I also had to stand the entire time and watch the bags in the door area of the train! When we finally got to the ship it was such a relief!
The ship is only a year old, so it still feels brand new and amazing. I haven’t been able to blog much from the ship because the internet is so expensive ($0.60/minute). So instead we’ve just been relaxing and taking in all the food, entertainment and pampering that goes with a cruise like this. The food has been incredible, and we are having such a great time with Andy and Elaine! Here are a few photos thus far with more to come soon…




1 comment:

Lonnie said...

The Ship looks spectacular..can hardly wait. All of you look like models. That must have been fun! My two favorite photogs are back! Have enjoyed every little thing. Finn is a sweetie..is Dad's shadow but I get lots of kisses. xoxo